The UPC has opened its doors! See the latest updates and advice on the UPC here.
The European patent system has had the biggest change in a generation – on 1 June 2023 the Unified Patent Court (UPC) and a new “unitary patent” or “European patent with unitary effect” (UP) became a reality.
To ensure our clients are prepared for this change, this page will be regularly updated and will provide helpful, relevant and up to date news on the UPC and UP.
See our latest updates below:
- A new dawn for European patents and patent litigation – 1 June 2023
- Milan confirmed as third seat of Central Division
- EU Draft legislation on SPCs released
- Applications to opt-out pass the 100,000 mark
- Start of the UPC Sunrise Period delayed to 1 March 2023
- Gender diversity at the UPC
- The Unitary Patent Transitional Measures
- Why the EPO’s top-up search for earlier national rights matters for the UP and UPC
- A new Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court – Are you UPC Ready? A Guide for Licensees
- The countdown to UPC has begun
If you have any additional questions or require further advice before making your decision, please contact us at [email protected] or speak to your usual HGF representative.