Investor ready: IP essentials
Event date: 17th February 2022
Nexus Leeds is holding an in-person session in Leeds, where HGF speakers will be presenting on understanding, protecting and maximising intellectual property to inform an IP strategy that delivers value.
The event will be held on 17th February, 2022 with HGF’s Partner Andy Camenisch, Trade Mark Director Tanya Waller and Senior IP Solicitor James Talbot sharing their expertise and top tips. Topics will include:
- A general overview of the different types of IP
- A summary of the registration procedures for patents and trade marks
- Prior art landscaping to help you understand your competitive positioning
- How to assess your portfolio – what can be done to increase its value and how to use it to maximise value to the business
- How to assess third party IP and its impact on Freedom to Operate (FTO), including the registration and use of brand names and logos
- Ownership of IP – Have you got the correct rights to your IP?
- Using third party IP in your product/s or service/s
- Getting ahead in IP due diligence
- General tips to avoid, including assuming patentability gives you FTO, pitfalls when speaking to investors and do’s and don’ts when developing new brands.
This session is perfect for entrepreneurs, founders and those in roles that involve IP including patents, copyright and trade marks within innovative technology-led start-ups, scale-ups and SMEs across all sectors.