Trade Mark & Function Head Administrator
Job ref: TMA/LDS/21
Job Type: Administration
Sectors: Trade marks
This is an exciting opportunity to both use and further develop your existing administration, organisational, and data analysis and reporting skills in a new profession. The Head of Trade Mark Formalities currently oversees twenty-six trade mark support staff across six offices, who in turn provide paralegal and administrative support to the firm’s trade mark attorneys and partners. This new role is to provide managerial administrative support to the Head of Trade Mark Formalities, and also to undertake routine trade mark administration as time allows. The administrative support provided to the manager is frequently time critical and is balanced against/interspersed with less time critical general, pre-agreed, routine administrative tasks supporting the wider team.
The successful candidate should have experience in an administrative role in a professional environment with a proven track record of analysing large amounts of data and producing useful reports and conclusions for stakeholders.
The ability to prioritise workload and requests for information from multiple stakeholders is an essential part of this role. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate accuracy and experience of using effective organisational skills in previous roles. The ideal candidate should be diligent, conscientious and precise in their approach to a task, as they will be working with non-extendable, and often tight, deadlines to ensure the client’s intellectual property is protected.
Being a team player who willingly assists colleagues is key within this very busy and valued team. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in the subject matter to help develop their understanding of the implications of the work.
Essential experience, qualifications and skills
- Advance Excel including linking to databases, SQL queries, MS Query, pivot tables & charts, Functions for data cleaning and manipulation, and strong data reporting skills
- Knowledge of relational databases and data
- Comfortable in writing simple SQL Queries
- Proactive with independent problem-solving capabilities
- Comfortable raising issues and suggesting best practice to senior managers and stake holders
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise workloads and communicate issues to the manager
- Able to manage long term priorities and provide information on the progress of projects
- Able to rapidly assimilate information
- Ability and confidence in using unfamiliar internet resources and software
- Able to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of accuracy
- First-class communicator, both written and orally
- Flexible and proactive attitude to work. e. able to realign priorities on the fly in the face of changing information
- Excellent organisation skills
You would like to contribute your professional experience to an expanding law firm? Then we would be pleased to receive your application. Please apply by sending your CV to: [email protected]