Trade Mark Formalities Officer
Birmingham / Leeds / Manchester
Job ref: TMFO/UK/2022
Sectors: Trade marks
Dynamic Office/Home Working role
This position is highly regarded within HGF and forms an integral part of the running of our trade mark support operations across the UK. The role will work closely with a number of Attorneys in the office and alongside a wider team of Trade Mark Formalities Officers.
- Provide an administration service for the legal formalities of clients’ trade marks and designs internationally to ensure intellectual property rights are not lost. This aspect of the role can vary for each country
- Ensure trade mark filings, deadline docketing and IP schedule production are handled with 100% accuracy
- Delegate general reports and various admin duties to the Trade Mark Formalities Assistant and Secretaries
- Progress actions required of partners and associates to meet the required deadlines.
- Prepare cost estimates at the Attorney/client’s request
- Ensure that the internal IP database is updated where relevant and reflects the necessary trade mark and design registers
- Prepare and execute any legally required documentation needed to support the registration of trade marks and designs
- Continually monitor the status of trade marks and designs within your portfolio ensuring that contact with local counsel and the client is maintained
- Overlook a due date diary system so deadlines are met efficiently and accurately
- Liaise with Attorneys and Foreign Agents to ensure actions assigned to them are progressed within the required timescales and update them on progress
- Regularly update your trade mark and design knowledge worldwide as legislation often changes in each country
- Produce correspondence and communications for clients and trade mark authorities using standard templates and emails.
If you’re currently working in a trade mark Formalities or Paralegal role with experience of being responsible for deadlines we’d love to hear from you. Beyond this, a great fit for the role will be someone with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy who can both manage and prioritise their own workload, but also be a collaborative team player.
Why move to HGF?
- We’re flexible in terms of location and having a mix of home and office working, we appreciate the importance of achieving a good work life balance
- A fulfilling role where you are truly trusted and empowered to carry out your role
- Company bonus scheme, 27 days holiday as standard, holiday purchase scheme, private health and dental policies and much more
- We are a firm with a focus on EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion), with a staff led EDI Focus Group and an EDI Board sponsor
- We have a dedicated Learning and Development team and a digital learning platform for all staff to use
HGF is committed to promoting an equal, diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all candidates with relevant skills for the role.
Please apply by sending your CV through via the application box.
- People – People matter. We treat people fairly, with respect and compassion. We foster a friendly, inclusive and enjoyable culture for everyone to prosper in. We invest in our people and offer appropriate coaching and training to assist with development and learning. We promote a healthy work-life balance. Progression is based on merit.
- Excellence – We strive to be the best. We pursue excellence in all our individual roles resulting in outstanding legal and technical advice for our clients. Our people are pragmatic, responsive and commercially minded. We do not presume but listen to understand so we can engage proactively and appropriately.
- Teamwork – We stand together. We work with our clients to protect their interests, and with each other as a mutually supporting firm. We value, appreciate and listen to others, regardless of role, recognising each individual’s particular blend of talent, skill and experience. We are individually and jointly accountable and take responsibility for our actions and decisions.
- Progressive – We innovate. We continually improve our services and processes through understanding, creativity, and investment. We evolve by taking opportunities and adopting new business procedures, unencumbered by historical structures or out-of-date attitudes. As a firm, we have an entrepreneurial spirit, and encourage new thinking in our people.
You would like to contribute your professional experience to an expanding IP firm? Then we would be pleased to receive your application. Please apply by sending your CV to: [email protected]