Part Qualified Patent Attorney – Engineering – London
Job ref: Part-qualified/Eng/London
We are looking for a part-qualified Patent Attorney to join our Engineering Group based in our London office. You will work alongside our team of attorneys and fellow trainees to support our clients in the protection of their intellectual property assets. The role encompasses a diverse range of clients and offers dynamic mix of engaging patent work. We can offer an exciting position with a lot of direct contact with clients and inventors to discuss their innovations and the best way to protect them, which requires a confident and professional approach to represent HGF and achieve the best for our clients.
HGF offers a hybrid-working setup, with the successful candidate expected to be working from our central London office three days per week.
- Part-qualified as a UK and/or European Patent Attorney
- Academic background in Engineering or Physics
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Pro-active and strong relationship builder both internally and externally
- Ability to digest and act upon constructive feedback
- Attitude and aptitude to want to develop your skillset
- Personable individual with a client focused and commercial mentality
Why move to HGF?
- HGF takes a transparent and merit-based approach to your career development and you will have the opportunity to shape your long-term progression
- We’re a firm with a focus on DEI (Diversity, Equality and Inclusion), with a staff led DEI Focus Group and a DEI Board sponsor
- As a business, we have a dedicated Learning and Development team and a digital learning platform for all staff to use
- A competitive salary and benefits package along with a flexible working policy
HGF is committed to promoting an equal, diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all candidates with relevant skills for the role.
If the above sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter in the application box.
- People – People matter. We treat people fairly, with respect and compassion. We foster a friendly, inclusive and enjoyable culture for everyone to prosper in. We invest in our people and offer appropriate coaching and training to assist with development and learning. We promote a healthy work-life balance. Progression is based on merit.
- Excellence – We strive to be the best. We pursue excellence in all our individual roles resulting in outstanding legal and technical advice for our clients. Our people are pragmatic, responsive and commercially minded. We do not presume but listen to understand so we can engage proactively and appropriately.
- Teamwork – We stand together. We work with our clients to protect their interests, and with each other as a mutually supporting firm. We value, appreciate and listen to others, regardless of role, recognising each individual’s particular blend of talent, skill and experience. We are individually and jointly accountable and take responsibility for our actions and decisions.
- Progressive – We innovate. We continually improve our services and processes through understanding, creativity, and investment. We evolve by taking opportunities and adopting new business procedures, unencumbered by historical structures or out-of-date attitudes. As a firm, we have an entrepreneurial spirit, and encourage new thinking in our people.
You would like to contribute your professional experience to an expanding law firm? Then we would be pleased to receive your application. Please apply by sending your CV to: [email protected]