Birmingham / Leeds / London / Manchester
Job ref: IPS/Law/UK/2022
Job Type: Solicitor
HGF is a specialist Intellectual Property law firm providing expert advice on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious IP. We work seamlessly with the wider HGF patent and trade mark teams, one of the leading IP practices in Europe, across a number of sectors including healthcare, life sciences, chemistry, electronics & software, engineering and retail. HGF has built an outstanding reputation for quality of service and entrepreneurial initiative in exceeding client needs.
We are now looking for an IP Solicitor to join an expanding IP team spread across the UK and supporting our on-going growth. You will have the opportunity to work with the wider Law team across the UK as well as over 100 patent and trade mark attorneys spanning the firm’s 22 offices in the UK, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Switzerland and Austria.
The focus of the role is to support on transactional work, this practice area is significantly developed within the firm and offers plenty of opportunity to get hands on from day one, supporting clients with the drafting and negotiation of their contracts (including licensing, co-development, clinical trials, manufacture, supply, sales/acquisitions and technology transfer arrangements) but also advising on strategy, commercial matters and internal policies. Our practice contains work across all types of IP (with focus on patents, trade marks and copyright), IT and data protection areas across a broad and diverse client base.
Why move to HGF?
- HGF takes a transparent and merit-based approach to your career development and you will have the opportunity to shape your long-term progression.
- We’re a firm with a focus on EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion), with a staff led EDI Focus Group and an EDI Board sponsor.
- As a business we have a dedicated Learning and Development team and a digital learning platform for all staff to use.
- Company bonus scheme, 27 days holiday as standard, holiday purchase scheme and much more.
- A flexible mix of home and office working, we appreciate the importance of achieving a good work life balance.
You will be passionate about IP and delivering exceptional service to clients and working in tandem with them to build their business. HGF is a “we” not “me” culture where a team focused approach and openness to support others will help you thrive, and the ability to build relationships both internally and externally will be central to how you operate.
The role will suit someone with significant post-qualification experience in transactional work within IP and associated commercial arrangements with, ideally, experience in at least one of the areas of IT and/or data protection.
HGF is committed to promoting an equal, diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all candidates with relevant skills for the role.
Please apply by sending your CV through via the application box.
- People – People matter. We treat people fairly, with respect and compassion. We foster a friendly, inclusive and enjoyable culture for everyone to prosper in. We invest in our people and offer appropriate coaching and training to assist with development and learning. We promote a healthy work-life balance. Progression is based on merit.
- Excellence– We strive to be the best. We pursue excellence in all our individual roles resulting in outstanding legal and technical advice for our clients. Our people are pragmatic, responsive and commercially minded. We do not presume but listen to understand so we can engage proactively and appropriately.
- Teamwork– We stand together. We work with our clients to protect their interests, and with each other as a mutually supporting firm. We value, appreciate and listen to others, regardless of role, recognising each individual’s particular blend of talent, skill and experience. We are individually and jointly accountable and take responsibility for our actions and decisions.
- Progressive– We innovate. We continually improve our services and processes through understanding, creativity, and investment. We evolve by taking opportunities and adopting new business procedures, unencumbered by historical structures or out-of-date attitudes. As a firm, we have an entrepreneurial spirit, and encourage new thinking in our people.
You would like to contribute your professional experience to an expanding law firm? Then we would be pleased to receive your application. Please apply by sending your CV to: [email protected]