Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Specialist
Job ref: DEI Specialist May 2022
The position is a brand new role working closely with our DEI Board Sponsor and DEI HR lead, BD and L&D teams and our DEI Focus Group to deliver truly meaningful impact for our existing and future people. The work carried out within this role forms a key part of our 3 -year strategy to effectively deliver the HGF DEI Action Plan.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and credible advocate of diversity, equity and inclusion, with an understanding of key issues, challenges and good practice to help shape and implement HGF’s DEI initiatives.
The role will include working with key people internally to facilitate change as well as working with external experts to implement and embed initiatives that will be designed around the needs of our people and align with our strategy and Values.
Areas of focus include:
- Speaking at internal meetings of attorneys and operational staff to update on and encourage engagement with DEI activities
- Running HGF’s annual diversity survey, analysing and reporting results to DEI Board Sponsor
- Working closely with the HR team to engage in policy reviews, best practice reports and exemplars, connecting HGF to the latest policy thinking and best practices around DEI.
- Managing the HGF DEI budget
- Planning and contributing to the delivery of internal and external communications and campaigns relating to HGF’s DEI activities, working with key people internally and externally to raise HGF’s DEI profile both internally and externally
- Working with relevant stakeholders to ensure that HGF’s external relationships with clients, suppliers and our communities reflect our commitment to DEI
- Producing DEI responses for client tenders including supporting data
- Developing and maintaining an external network of DEI specialists, community partners, organisations and formal bodies, using their expertise to shape our DEI plans and actions.
We’re looking for someone who has broad experience within a DEI focused role, ideally within a professional services environment and who can demonstrate the positive impacts of your work. You’ll be a people person, able to develop collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders through excellent communication and reasoned argument. Day-to-day you’ll be someone who is confident managing multiple projects at a given time and delivering within agreed timescales.
- We are a firm with a Board-led focus on DEI, with a staff DEI Focus Group and an DEI Board sponsor
- We’re flexible in terms of location, and working pattern and appreciate the importance of achieving a good work life balance
- Performance bonus scheme, life, health and dental insurance
- 27 days holiday as standard
- Internal affinity networks
- We have a dedicated Learning and Development team and a digital learning platform for all staff to use
HGF is committed to providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all candidates with the relevant skills for the role.
If the above sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply by attaching your CV and any relevant covering notes.
You would like to contribute your professional experience to an expanding law firm? Then we would be pleased to receive your application. Please apply by sending your CV to: [email protected]