Junior Marketing Communications Executive
Job ref: CommsExec2022
Job Type: Support
Is this role for you?
Are you an aspiring marketing professional who wants to learn new skills and gain some marketing and communications knowledge? HGF is looking for a Junior Marketing Communications Executive to join the Business Development team in Leeds.
Reporting to: Marketing Communications Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 8.30 – 5.00 with an hour for lunch working Monday to Friday.
Benefits: 27 days holiday plus the option to buy 3 days, 4 x life insurance, PHI; and after 3 months: pension (employee pays 3%, HGF pays 6%), private health and dental, interest free season ticket loan, social events, hybrid working.
You will be responsible for supporting the Marketing Communications team, working across all the firms communication channels. You will be interacting with the firm’s 180+ attorneys, as well as working with the other members of the Business Development team.
Working with the Marketing Communications Team:
- Supporting on all the firms communications channels including:
- Mailings – Campaign monitor and unbounce
- Website – WordPress
- Social media, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Webinar platforms – Zoom and Teams
- Internal systems including InSite/Sharepoint etc
- Liaising with digital and creative agencies, media publications and translators;
- Delivering content across our 7 strategic business units for LinkedIn, Twitter, the HGF website and SharePoint
- Assisting in the delivery of branded comms for both internal and external use.
- Liaising with fee earners to create and supply on brand content
- Supporting specific marketing campaigns both internally and externally
- Collating and managing external firms news letters
- Support on Brand Hub (brand resource centre) – ensuring all comms are up to date.
- Assisting with competitor watching and creating reports
- Supporting dedicated internal groups with comms i.e. Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion/Sustainability groups
Skills and experience
- Marketing qualification preferred/CIM/BTEC minimum or 1 year experience in a marketing comms role
- Excellent standard of written English
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Flexible and proactive attitude to work, i.e. able to handle a variety of tasks without needing direction
- Strong ability to self-manage, and prioritise workloads
- Resilient when working under pressure
- Good team player and also able to work effectively alone
- Excellent attention to detail and very high standards of accuracy
- Client centric
- Confident communicator, both in writing and orally
- Support other areas of the team on other projects during periods of absence (e.g. holiday)
Business Development at HGF
HGF is a highly specialist legal firm, providing Intellectual Property services and advice to household names and blue-chip clients globally, and is one of the top 3 patents and trade mark filing firms in Europe. The Business Development team consists of 8 people in total, 7 people are based in Leeds and 1 in Germany. The team provide business development and marketing support to each of HGF’s 22 offices across Europe in 7 strategic business units. Due to the continuous growth and development of HGF, this new role has been created to successfully support the requirements of the business.
HGF is committed to promoting an equal, diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all candidates with relevant skills for the role.
If the above is what you are looking for from your next role, we look forward to hearing from you!
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
You would like to contribute your professional experience to an expanding IP firm? Then we would be pleased to receive your application. Please apply by sending your CV to: [email protected]