Benelux Trade Mark congress
HGF Partner Pieter de Ruijter will be presenting 'Brexit and the (possible) consequences for EU trade marks and EU design right holders in practice' at the Benelux Trade Mark congress in Amsterdam on the 21st June 2018.
The Benelux Trade Mark congress program is composed by Prof. Tobias Cohen Jehoram and Prof. Martin Senftleben. During the conference all recent developments in legislation and case law are discussed along with the impact of this in practice.
Pieter de Ruijter will be presenting 'Brexit and the (possible) consequences for EU trade marks and EU design right holders in practice'. This will cover, amongst others:
- Legal consequences: what does Brexit mean, for example the scope of acquired rights, the maintenance and the enforcement of these rights.
- What is the impact on current (opposition / cancellation) procedures?
- What about the bona fide intention to use a brand?
- Practical consequences, procedural: the system in the UK?
- Impact on registered and non-registered designs?
- What to do pre-Brexit and post-Brexit?
For more information on the conference or to register please see here.