Legal Notices & Documents - HGF Limited
Legal Notices & Documents - HGF Limited
Information under the Provision of Services Regulations 2009
Business Name: HGF Limited
Legal Status: HGF Limited is a limited company incorporated under the Companies Act 2006 in England and Wales (No 08998652).
Contact details and Registered Office:
HGF Limited, 1 City Walk , Leeds, LS11 9DX, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0) 113 233 0100
Fax: +44 (0) 113 233 0101
VAT: our UK VAT registration number is GB 189 0834 69.
Owners: A list of the Shareholders (partners) of HGF Limited is posted in the entrance of each office including the office in Leeds identified above.
Further information on our people and their professional qualifications can be found here.
2. Affiliates and Associated companies
HGF Limited owns Affiliated companies that serve clients in offices outside of the United Kingdom, as follows:
- HGF BV, a Dutch company (registration number 63864606) situated in the Netherlands at Zuid-Hollandlaan 72596 AL, The Hague, and Gedempt Hamerkanaal 147,1021 KP, Amsterdam, and whose staff include registered Dutch and European patent and trade mark attorneys;
- HGF GmbH, a Swiss company (registration number CH-270.4.005.198-8) situated in Switzerland at OBC Suisse AG, Basel-City, Aeschenvorstadt 71CH - 4051 Basel, whose staff include registered European patent attorneys.
- HGF IP Limited, an Irish company (registration number 622725, whose registered address is Trinity House, Charleston Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6, Ireland and also situated at The Leeson Enterprise Centre, Altamont Street, Westport, Co. Mayo, F28 ET85, Ireland, whose staff include registered European patent and trade mark attorneys, and Irish patent and trade mark agents (Directors of HGF IP Limited are: Paul Sanderson, Jason Lumber, Craig Thomson and Lee Curtis, who are all British citizens).
Associated companies include:
- HGF Law LLP, a firm of solicitors whose registered office is at 1 City Walk , Leeds, LS11 9DX, United Kingdom.
- HGF Europe LLP, a firm of patent and trade mark attorneys active in the UK, Germany and Austria whose registered office is at 1 City Walk , Leeds, LS11 9DX, United Kingdom
References on this website to HGF in the context of our overseas operations are references to the respective company in the location in question.
HGF Limited is regulated by the Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPREG). Details of the professional rules for registered patent and trade mark attorneys are on IPREG's website:www.ipreg.org.uk/information/code_conduct.php.
Our European patent attorneys are regulated by the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (epi). Details of their professional rules can be found on the epi's website. The epi Code of Conduct is here and its Regulation on Discipline is here.
4. Terms of Business
A copy of our Terms of Business (HGF Limited - UK) is available here.
A copy of the Terms of Business of HGF BV (the Netherlands) is available here.
A copy of the Terms of Business of HGF GmbH (Switzerland) is available here.
A copy of the Terms of Business of HGF IP Limited (Ireland) is available here.
A copy of the Terms of Business of HGF Law LLP (UK) is available here.
A copy of the Terms of Business of HGF Europe LLP (UK, Germany and Austria) is available here.
Where a client instructs any of the above entities to perform services on its behalf, those services will be provided under the respective Terms of Business, subject to any agreement or variation in writing between our client and the relevant HGF entity.
5. Terms of Instruction
Where an HGF entity instructs a third party supplier to provide professional services on behalf of a client of HGF, the Terms of Instruction available here shall apply to the relationship, subject to any agreement or variation in writing between our supplier and the relevant HGF entity.
Where an HGF entity instructs a third party supplier to provide support services to HGF, the Terms of Instruction available here shall apply to the relationship, subject to any agreement or variation in writing between our supplier and the relevant HGF entity.
We strive to meet our clients' expectations, but inevitably we will not always achieve that and we have a Complaints Policy, and associated procedure, for dealing with any complaints that a client may have. Our policy can be found here.
Clients dissatisfied with the way in which we deal with complaints can also contact the Legal Ombudsman whose website is at www.legalombudsman.org.uk. His address is PO Box 15870, Tamworth B77 9LE T: 0300 555 0333 or for oversees clients: T: +44 121 245 3050.
7. Professional Liability Insurance
HGF Limited has insurance that extends to acts and omissions wherever they occur in the world. Our limit of liability is commensurate with a firm of our standing. Further details are available on request. Our insurer is Pamia Limited, whose address is 90 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4ST. A link to their website is here.
9. Cookie Information
10. Bribery and Corruption
HGF has a zero-tolerance policy towards bribery and corruption, both within HGF and with respect to our clients and suppliers. Our policy is here.
11. Modern Slavery
HGF has a zero-tolerance policy towards the issue of modern slavery and trafficking of people, both within HGF and with respect to our clients and suppliers. Our policy is here.
Our annual statement of our actions to minimise the risk of exploitation of people occurring within HGF or our supply chain is here.
12. Whistle Blowing
To ensure that our people are not afraid to expose any wrong-doing that might occur within HGF, we have a policy to handle that issue, which can be found here.
The materials provided on this website are for general information purposes only and are not legal advice. Neither HGF Limited, nor any Affiliated or Associated company, accepts any liability for any loss or harm arising from your reliance on this general information. You must seek appropriate advice from your own lawyers and other advisers.