Engineering/Electronics Patent Attorney
Munich Neumarkter Str.
Job Ref: Attorney Munich
Job Type: Qualified Professionals
Locations: Munich - Neumarkter Str.
Sectors: Patents, Engineering, Electronics
HGF is a dynamic international IP law firm and an established leader in the field of brands, trade names, design and patents.
We have offices in the Netherlands (Amsterdam and The Hague), Germany, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Austria and Switzerland. Our clientele varies from small and medium-sized companies to national and international companies.
We are seeking to appoint to our Munich office a Patent Attorney/European Patent Attorney (m/f/d) within the technical area of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, information technology or physics.
This role will accompany our clients on the path of an invention from the discussion with the inventors, the drafting of patent applications, the defence of the patent application before the German or European Patent Office, up to legal actions in court.
- Drafting and filing of patent applications for domestic and foreign markets
- Preparation and independent execution of grant procedures (DPMA, EPA)
- Participation and conduct of opposition and invalidity proceedings
- Participation in patent infringement proceedings in a team, together with our lawyers
- A completed training as a German and/or European Patent Attorney or are currently completing your year at the Office,
- A university degree (Master) in electrical engineering and data processing, physics or computer science (gladly with a doctorate),
- Business fluent in German and English,
- Commitment and sense of responsibility,
- Ability to work in a team.
What can we offer you?
- Challenging and varied work with room for independent work,
- Interesting international client portfolio,
- Long-term prospects,
- A motivated team with flat hierarchies,
- Regular team events,
- Possibility to work several weeks in another European country. HGF has 22 offices in Great Britain, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
You would like to contribute your professional experience to an expanding law firm? Then we would be pleased to receive your application. Please apply by sending your CV to: email@example.com
- People - People matter. We treat people fairly, with respect and compassion. We foster a friendly, inclusive and enjoyable culture for everyone to prosper in. We invest in our people and offer appropriate coaching and training to assist with development and learning. We promote a healthy work-life balance. Progression is based on merit.
- Excellence – We strive to be the best. We pursue excellence in all our individual roles resulting in outstanding legal and technical advice for our clients. Our people are pragmatic, responsive and commercially minded. We do not presume but listen to understand so we can engage proactively and appropriately.
- Teamwork – We stand together. We work with our clients to protect their interests, and with each other as a mutually supporting firm. We value, appreciate and listen to others, regardless of role, recognising each individual’s particular blend of talent, skill and experience. We are individually and jointly accountable and take responsibility for our actions and decisions.
- Progressive – We innovate. We continually improve our services and processes through understanding, creativity, and investment. We evolve by taking opportunities and adopting new business procedures, unencumbered by historical structures or out-of-date attitudes. As a firm, we have an entrepreneurial spirit, and encourage new thinking in our people.