Geoff provides specialist advice regarding the registration, management and protection of intellectual property rights and, in particular, trade marks and designs. He is a highly experienced practitioner and provides strategic advice regarding international IP protection strategies. His practice covers diverse industry sectors including, in particular, pharmaceuticals/veterinary, software, engineering and fashion.
Highlights of Geoff’s career and important issues on which he has advised include:
- Registration of corporate colours, computer file suffixes and the name of a spiritual movement;
- Complex invalidity actions concerning the scope of protection provided by registered Community Designs;
- IP due diligence on many high-profile corporate deals.
- Variety of enforcement actions for high-profile brands;
- Management of the worldwide trade mark portfolio of the ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ TV game show.
Geoff began his career as a trade mark attorney, before qualifying as a solicitor. Subsequently he worked in industry within the IP team of a global multinational company, before becoming a partner in the trade mark department of a London law firm. Geoff joined HGF in 2004.
Geoff is qualified as a registered Trade Mark Attorney and as a UK Solicitor. He is a member of the UK Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys and the International Trademark Association (INTA).